Since I compete in different A.K.C. venues with my dogs, my goal is to breed for good health, temperment as well as conformation. I truly believe, whether a pup is sold as a show dog, to do performance events or to be someone's companion, the breeding should be the best quality possible. I breed occasionally because I enjoy showing and competing with the dogs that I decide to keep and that takes alot of my time, but what fun!
AMERICAN KENNEL CLUB (A.K.C.) BREEDER OF MERIT
What does this designation mean?
The A.K.C. Breeder of Merit honors breeders/exhibitors dedication and hardwork as they continue to produce dogs that are healthy, capable and beautiful.
Requirments to be awarded this rating:
1. Has a history of at least 5 years involvement with A.K.C. events.
2. Earned at least 4 Conformation, Performance or Companion event titles on dogs they bred/co-bred.
3. Member of an A.K.C. club.
4. Certifies that applicable health screens are performed on the breeding stock as recommended by the parent club (National Beagle Club).
5. Demonstrates a commitment to ensuring 100% of the puppies produced are A.K.C. registered.
WHAT DOES THE WORD "C.H.I.C." (AND A NUMBER) MEAN AFTER A DOG'S NAME?
'"C.H.I.C' stands for The Canine Health Information Center. It is a centralized canine health database jointly sponsored by thr A.K.C./Canine Health Foundation (AKC/CHF) and the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA). CHIC working with participating parent clubs (such as the National Beagle Club) provides a resource for breeders and owners of purebred dogs to research and maintain information on the health issues prevalent in specific breeds. For more informations go to www.offa.org
I welcome and support owners that always had pets, but may be interested in showing in breed or performance events.